Last night, I was craving some good Greek food! I decided to make a Greek Chicken Bowl. This flavorful meal consists of roasted chicken seasoned with greek spices and lemon juice, along with brown rice, chickpeas, onions, cucumbers and a tasty Roasted Tomato Tahini Sauce. You can also double the recipe to meal prep to pack your lunch for the office and make all of your co-workers jealous!
- 8 Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 14 Oz. Can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili Flakes
- Salt + Pepper
Ingredients for the Roasted Tomato Tahini Sauce:
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 of a Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil 4 cups of water with 2 cup of brown rice in a pot for 2 minutes, bring heat down to a simmer and DO NOT OPEN THE LID until you’re ready to serve the rice! (Seriously it WILL let the heat out if you keep opening the lid)
2. On a sheet pan, spread out grape tomatoes and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes burst.
3. Drizzle olive oil on a new sheet pan, place chicken tenderloins on pan and season with fresh minced garlic, lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. *Be careful with the red chili flakes, I only sprinkle a tiny bit on!*
4. Next, take out the tomatoes to let cool, and put in the chicken to the oven. The chicken should only take about 20 minutes as the tenderloins are usually smaller and thinner.
5. Chop up cucumber, onions, and grape tomatoes and put to the side.
6. Put the roasted tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until it’s a creamy and smooth texture.
7. I used a “pasta” bowl which was the perfect size so next place a serving of rice, chickpeas, cucumbers, onions, grape tomatoes and lastly place chicken breast on top. Drizzle on that awesome sauce you just whipped up and ENJOY!