One day, I was trying to come with a different dinner than what we usually eat. I found a recipe for pineapple coconut rice but added my own twist to it! I love this rice dish because it is different than plain ol’ rice and adds a tropical flair to it that is just so good. Pair with this a piece of grilled chicken or your favorite fish. This also goes well with my Hawaiian coleslaw, click here for that recipe.
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/4 Cups Low Sodium GF Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1.5 Cups Crushed Pineapple, Drained.
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Diced Scallions
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- In a medium pot on high heat, add the rice, broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and cover the pot with a lid. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in the pineapple, coconut aminos, sesame oil, brown sugar and scallions. Serve and enjoy!