I’ve made this recipe a few times and it’s always SOOOOO good! It was so good in fact, that my husband literally fell off the couch reaching for the cookies (I can’t make this sh*t up!) This recipe calls for NO flour so it is gluten free. Leave out the chocolate chips or use vegan chocolate chips to avoid dairy. I know chickpeas sound strange to be used in anything other than Hummus or Falafel, but I promise you, it makes the most deliciously soft cookie. Alright I will stop rambling. Now to the recipe….
- 1 14.5 Oz Can of Chickpeas (make sure to drain and rinse)
- 1.5 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup agave (honey or maple syrup also will work)
- 1.5 Tablespoons coconut sugar (this is optional and just makes the cookies sweeter)
- 1.5 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, place chickpeas into a blender.
- Add in the agave and blend until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- Place chickpea mixture into a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients mixing until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls of dough and form into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!