If you’re looking for a dinner that will fill you up without the meat, you found it! Some nights I prefer to go meatless and keep it simple. I LOVE the Instant Pot, it has saved us so much time preparing dinner at night. It makes flavorful soups super fast! This is more like a chili rather than a soup but will definitely keep you satisfied until your next meal. You can also make this soup without the IP and instead in a soup pot, the end result is the same. This recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 2 15.2 oz Cannellini Beans
- 1 Carrot, cut into small pieces
- 3 Celery ribs cut into small pieces
- 1 Cup Kale (rough chop)
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Large White Onion diced
- 4 Cups low sodium vegetable broth (gluten free)
- 1/2 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat oil in IP on saute mode high temperature.
- Add onion, celery, and carrot; cook and stir until vegetables are tender for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, salt, and cumin and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low temperature and bring to a simmer until reduced about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in kale and quinoa, cover and cook until quinoa is cooked. If using IP I turned it off then put on the KEEP WARM mode but on high temperature and put the cover on.
- Add oregano once done, and you are ready to enjoy it!