I LOVE butternut squash! It is a versatile ingredient that you can incorporate with so many different types of cuisines. It really blends well with all different types of flavors. This chili is a GREAT slow cooker recipe! When we got home from work, had a hearty soup waiting for us that makes the whole house smell SO good. This is yet another recipe that proves you do not need meat to make a hearty meal. The poblano peppers in the recipe adds a comforting, warm spice to to the dish (but not too spicy!). This recipe makes about 8 servings so plenty to save in the fridge for lunch and/or dinner!
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded and chopped in cubes)
- 3 15 Oz can Kidney Beans (drain + rinse)
- 1 Large White Onion (chopped)
- 2 Poblano Peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 13.5 Oz Can of Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 Can of Chickpeas (drain + rinse)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 28 Oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 Cups GF Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Make sure all vegetables are prepped per the above.
- Sauté the onions, poblano peppers and garlic either on your stove OR directly in your Instant Pot (sauté feature!).
- Put veggies in the slow cooker (if not already in), and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Once the squash is fork tender, you will know it’s done. Enjoy!