I know for me, growing up in New York means that we LOVED our Chinese take out. Whatever dish you got from the local Chinese restaurant, you always got a warm egg roll with your meal. This dish truly reminded me of that classic egg roll with the same Asian flavors, only difference is that I felt good after eating it because it is healthy. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 Lb. Ground Chicken
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, diced
- 5 Cups Cabbage (any type), cut into thin shreds
- 1.5 Cups of Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 Cup GF Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon of Ginger, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2.5 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Green onions, chopped (to put on when serving)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (Optional, to put on when serving)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Brown Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice per package directions.
- Set heat to medium and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in the pan. Once heated up, add ground chicken. Cook until chicken is almost cooked.
- Move chicken to the side of the pan and add onions with another tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine vegetables and chicken together.
- Add broth to the pan and stir.
- Add the cabbage, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then cover with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender enough to your liking.
- Once done, add toasted sesame oil to the pan and give it a final stir.
- Serve over the rice and add the green onions and sesame seeds, and enjoy!