Butter chicken is something that always sounded so good to me, so I finally gave it a try and it did NOT disappoint! This recipe is not only gluten free but also dairy free. It is so full of flavor, rich and creamy that you will have a hard time believing it’s healthy. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts (diced)
- 1 Red Onion (Diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 4 Garlic Gloves (Minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 28 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- Prepare brown rice per package instructions.
- Add avocado oil to a saucepan over medium heat, when pan is heated up add chicken.
- Add ALL spices to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add garlic and onion to the pan.
- Allow chicken to finish cooking and the onions to become slightly translucent.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to let the mixture simmer.
- Use a ladle or other big spoon, remove 1/3 of the sauce from the pan into a small bowl.
- Add arrowroot powder to the sauce that is in the small bowl and mix until it is smooth.
- Add the arrowroot mixture back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. You will see it start to thicken up.
- Add lemon juice when ready to serve and stir.
- Serve atop the brown rice and enjoy!