This is the PERFECT sandwich for when you’re craving a healthy, meatless meal! I usually make this on the weekends for us, but lately have been making extra to bring to work. It is SO good and you will not miss the meat because the chickpea avocado combo will certainly fill you up.
Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- Gluten Free Bread (I use Trader Joe’s Multigrain Gluten Free Bread)
- 3 Avocados
- 1 Cup of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced.
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Olive or Avocado Oil
- Combine avocados, chickpeas, diced onion, salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl.
- I use a potato masher to mash it all together. I like it a little chunky!
- Toast bread slices on a pan or in a toaster until slightly golden.
- Put a scoop of the mixture on one slice of bread, top with another slice. Repeat for other sandwiches, and enjoy!