I love having a protein bar on the go. The problem is that so many brands claim to be “healthy” but once you actually look at the ingredients they can be high in sodium and have many preservatives. I recently bought a granola bar tray that inspired me to make my own! I found a few ideas online and whipped up my own snacks bars. The fun part of making your own bars is that you can use whatever nuts and seeds you like to really make them your own. Personally, I love sweet and salty snacks bars so this Nut & Seed bar is exactly that!
- 1 Cup GF Oats
- 2 Cups Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Nut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Dried Coconut
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Nibs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Puree the dates in a food processor.
- Put dates in to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- The mixture will be sticky, but keep mixing until it is well combined.
- If you do not have a granola bar tray, you can use a sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper on the bottom. Press the mixture down making sure it is flat.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to harden for 1 hour. Cut into even bars.
- Place them in a zip lock bag and keep them in the fridge or freezer until you want to eat them, enjoy!